Re: Q to Mehdi: safe and fun

Hi Sean,

> > I had a few long conversations on this topic in general recently with
> > folks like Nadia Eghbal, Deb Nicholson et. al which made me feel
> > optimistic that it is possible for free software culture to evolve.
>
> Could you share some of the reasons for your optimism?

Well, the needle on diversity/gender issues is certainly different from,
say, five years ago. This shows that social change is possible even if we
are not where we might want to be just yet.

In addition, various success stories — admittedly in more plastic and
hierarchical communities — show that toxic behaviour can be managed to
some degree.

Best wishes,

--
      ,''`.