Re: Q to both: facilitating meetups

On 25/03/2017 13:13, martin f krafft wrote:
> Following the three-pronged approach Chris wants to take towards
> facilitating meetups in Debian (I am replying to the message)¹ —
>
> ¹) <[🔎] 1489954668.1588748.916366632.0DF7DE12@webmail.messagingengine.com>
>
> I have three questions to both our candidates:
>
> In what ways do you see Debian itself being a bit of the rust on the
> cogwheels making organization harder?

My answer might be quite general, but I think In my opinion, Debian is facing
two problems:
- Promotion: We do not explain enough how we do Debian, the important changes
  that Debian will implement, etc...
  developers, etc... but we can do that only partially because we still
  lack a clear vision on our budget.

I believe the Roadmap will help us for the first subject and the partners
program, once in place, will bring new (useful) workflows on the organization
side.

> Contrariwise, what do you think is already working really well?

It is quite easy to ask for a budget to organize a sprint. The procedures
are quite light and simple.

> What could be done from the side of the project to
> improve/facilitate the organisation of meetups?

Once you have decided to organize a meetup, you have to find a location.
I think it will greatly help the teams if we had a list of typical
locations for sprints and possibly the cost of those locations (which
can be offered by partners or with a fixed cost).

Another aspect could be to work on a checklist for meetup organizers
and some guidelines to have efficient meetings. We do have [1] but we
can review it and possibly enhance it.

--
Mehdi