Re: Q to both: facilitating meetups (was: Question for Chris: organising more meetings?)

martin f krafft wrote:

> > > In what ways do you see Debian itself being a bit of the rust on
> > > the cogwheels making organisation harder?
> >
> > Could you elaborate on what you mean here?
>
> I feel like I'll presuppose my own question a bit if I do. I guess
> one way to frame it would be to consider the difference between
> decision-making processes in crafting a Debian release vs. making
> a meetup happen.

Making a Debian release happen involves coming to pretty good consensus
amongst a large number of people with essentially no fixed deadline whilst
a large meetup would require making a (hopefully limited) number of
executive or board-level decisions in terms of budgets/deadlines to appease
3rd parties that require them.

… but I'm still not 100% sure I'm getting what you are asking, alas.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb