Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

On Friday 22 June 2007 11:14, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> If you don't believe what I said and what others said, shall we post on
> debian-devel-announce some sort of straw poll to see how many people would
> be interested?

"Don't believe" seems a bit over the top, but I'm indeed cautious of
introducing a new system without sufficient demand. Having some numbers would
indeed help, but more valueable to me would be the reasonings of those people
of why the current system does not address their needs.

You say you knew several, so maybe you can give some details as to their
reasons for this.

I would be in favour if it would be clear to me that there's a demand and that
the problems the people who want this encounter are not better solved in some
other way. To judge what this is the right way to solve their problems (this,
or maybe something else) I would have to know what problems they are.

Thijs