Hi,

* Oliver Elphick (olly@lfix.co.uk) [040714 14:25]:
> On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 12:15, Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> > Oliver Elphick wrote:
> > | However, this GR should not have been necessary.  I second it in the
> > | hope that dropping a sledgehammer on their toes will get the ftpmasters
> > | to learn to communicate.

> > And maybe; just maybe; what it'll do is break their already bruised and
> > battered feet to the point that they give up and cease acting for the
> > project at all.

> Please realise that there is nothing more frustrating than sending
> messages into a black hole.  If you telephone and leave messages for
> someone who never rings back, or send emails which don't get replies,
> that is far more stressful than getting negative responses.
>
> It is very discourteous to ignore people.  Don't your fellow developers
> deserve some human consideration and courtesy?

Did you ever try to speak to Daniel directly? I tried it once (on
IRC), and got immediate reply from him. So, please don't accuse Daniel
until you have massive negative experiences with him personally.
Daniel, please keep your open mind.

I can really understand the level of frustration of the amd64-team -
but, it doesn't help at all if the outcome of a discussion is to
frustrate not only the amd64-people, but also e.g. the ftp-masters
even more.

Cheers,
Andi
--