Re: supermajority options

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:11:04PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Yeah, in the case you're positing, there'd be "explain why the elitist
> cabal are refusing to inact the will of the people as has been clearly
> expressed". Having "group responsible will ignore the outcome of the GR"
> as one of your assumptions when trying to demonstrate the GR mechanism
> is effective seems like a bad idea.

Were any elitist cabal inclined to cite the Constitution at all, it
would probably cite 2.1.1.

However, I continue to think the example is contrived, given how easy it
is to put multiple options on our ballots.

If all of our ballots are to have only two options, we don't need any
Condorcet method to resolve matters.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Software engineering: that part of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     computer science which is too