Re: Another proposal.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 09:53:55PM +0100, Jochen Voss wrote:
> Making "random" additions (with only half-understood consequences)
> to the original Condorcet voting scheme seems messy to me.

Er.. are you suggesting we squelch debate on supermajority?

None of the additions were "random".  They were flawed in a number of
ways (I had a flawed understanding of the significance of pairwise ties
in CpSSD, for example), and we've been discussing the flaws.

Personally, I'm currently looking at the draft implied by

If it doesn't make sense, I'd like to understand why.  If it does
make sense, I'd like to see a formally written instance of that draft.
Right now it seems to make a lot of sense.

> And what are we trying to protect ourselves from?

At the moment?  We're trying to protect ourselves from instituting a
bad set of rules.

> I cannot really imagine something like a "hostile take-over"
> of the debian project.

Neither can I.

However, I can imagine us making changes out of frustration or anger,
or for some other reason making changes where we've not fully considered
the implications of a decision.

--
Raul