Re: Another proposal.

Hi,

John H. Robinson, IV:
> i had always understood quorum as the minimum number of participants to
> conduct business.

OK. Let's say we have a quorum of 90 and a supermajority of 2:1.
70 people are for the proposal, 30 against => the proposal wins.
70 people are for the proposal, 10 against, the remaining 20 refuse to
vote => the proposal fails.

Sorry, but I don't like that. With a quorum, the people against a proposal
need to actively solicit support for their objection if they want to
defeat it. That's good democracy. Defeating the proposal by walking out
is bad democracy.

IMHO.

--
Matthias Urlichs     |     noris network AG     |     http://smurf.noris.de/