Re: Another proposal.

Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> John H. Robinson, IV:
> > also, with the Condorcet + SSD election method, is the supermajority
> > requirements really required? it does allow a vocal minority to block an
> > action.
>
> No it doesn't. If a majority rank option A first, that option wins -- end
> of vote. (Unless you use the Borda method ... but we don't.)

sorry, poor pronoun placement on my part. my meaning was:

also, with the Condorcet + SSD election method, is the supermajority
requirements really required? the supermajority requirement does allow a
vocal minority to block an action.

the case brought up, changing the constitution, i think is a good
example: it requires 3:1. this means that such an option requires a lot
of buy-in.

i'm ambivalent over the whole Supermajority and Quorum thing. I'll
re-read the lastest draft, real slowly, and see how i feel after that.

-john