Re: Nov 16 draft of voting mechanics

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 08:17:15PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > Example: (X is the default option)
> >
> >         A    B    C    D    X
> >    A    -   24   17   25   31
> >    B   25    -   26   24   29
> >    C   31   24    -   31   30
> >    D   25   26   18    -   27
> >    X   15   18   15   18    -
>
> Just as a note: in my view of the world, where you put a "-",
> I'd put a "0".  In principle this shouldn't matter, but maybe
> that has something to do with what you consider ambiguous?
This is no problem.  I only looked at

    http://www.debian.org/vote/2002/vote_0001

before, and tried to make my table somewhat similar (there are
empty fields on the diagonal).  But internally my program uses
the value 0 where I wrote "-" above.

> You didn't say, but the rows in your matrix have to represent the
> vote count "for" an option, and the columns the vote count
> "against", [...]
Yes, of course :-)

> Out of curiosity, how did you generate that set of tallies?  Did you start
> from some set of ballots, or did you just randomly generate some numbers?
I wrote some python script to randomly gererate individual votes.
You may find an example file as the second attachment to my
implementation.

> "Unless this would eliminate all vote counts in the propositions of the
> Schwartz set, the vote counts of the weakest propositions are eliminated."
This I can understand :-)  If it is the intended meaning
I would like the formulation.

Jochen
--
                                         Omm