Re: Nov 16 draft of voting mechanics

Hello,

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 12:48:07PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
>     1. [...] Any options unranked by the voter are treated
>        as being equal to all other unranked options.
I still do not understand the "other unranked options".
Could we simply write "Any options unranked by the voter are treated
as being equal" or would this be something else.

>     6. [...] This procedure and must be carried out in the following order:
                              ^^^
The "and" seems spurious to me.

I'm getting further with the draft.  Especially I understand
"proposition" and "weak proposition", now.  But ...

>            Definition: a weakest proposition is a weak proposition where
>            the vote count in the proposition which is not larger than
>            the other vote count is also no smaller than that of any
>            other weak proposition.
... this is hard stuff.  What about "minimum of the two vote counts"
instead of "the vote count in the proposition which is not larger than
the other vote count"?

I seem to understand the remaining parts of the text :-)

Jochen
--
                                         Omm
                                      (0)-(0)