Re: voting mechanics draft update

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 06:56:37PM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> The reason for this to be a problem is that the dropping step only considers
> the _innermost_ Schwartz set. There may be more than one, though off-hand
> I couldn't invent a suitable example -- I'm sure one exists in the
> literature somewhere, though.

The Schwartz set is the set of innermost unbeatened sets.  There cannot
be more than one Schwartz set at any one time for any one set of votes.

See http://www.barnsdle.demon.co.uk/vote/condor2.html for a more extensive
discussion of this subject.

Or, if  you think I'm wrong, please explain your reasoning in more depth.

Thanks,

--
Raul