Re: Some questions for the candidates...

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 01:06:34PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 07:45:02PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Some questions for the DPL candidates...
> > So, a followup question for Branden: does your lack of response to these
> > questions reflect the level of accountability and responsiveness we can
> > expect from you if elected?
> A sample size of one makes for poor statistical analysis.  I suggest you
> take a look at the other messages I've posted to this list:

Which seems to indicate you've had plenty of time to reply to questions.

> There are also two other alternatives:
> 1) You can break your flurry of questions down into a set of mails, each
> centered around a given topic (admittedly, it's a bit late for that)

Or you could take the initiative and just reply to parts of it in separate
mails if that's more suitable for you.

> 2) We could use a metric for candidate assessment that doesn't include being
> able to rise to arbitrary challenges leveled by arbitrary developers

Or you could try not misinterpreting a bunch of questions sent to all
the candidates as some sort of offensive, and just reply to them. Both
the other candidates managed to do so fairly quickly. And I suspect,
somehow, that there's more than just an "arbitrary" developer who's
interested in your responses.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Debian: giving you the power to shoot yourself in each
       toe individually.'' -- with kudos to Greg Lehey