Re: Some questions for the candidates...

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 08:11:11PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 07:45:02PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Some questions for the DPL candidates...
>
> $ date
> Thu Mar 21 20:11:00 EST 2002
>
> So, a followup question for Branden: does your lack of response to these
> questions reflect the level of accountability and responsiveness we can
> expect from you if elected?

A sample size of one makes for poor statistical analysis.  I suggest you
take a look at the other messages I've posted to this list:

Feb 26 Cc debian-vote@lists (  35) Declaring Intent to run for Debian Project Leader
Feb 27 To debian-vote@lists (  54) Re: Opinions on crypto-in-main
Mar 01 To debian-vote@lists ( 117) Re: debian services and responsibility
Mar 01 Cc debian-vote@lists (  43) Re: debian services and responsibility
Mar 01 To debian-vote@lists ( 162) Re: debian services and responsibility
Mar 01 Cc debian-vote@lists (  66) Re: debian services and responsibility
Mar 01 Cc debian-vote@lists ( 153) Re: debian services and responsibility
Mar 01 Cc debian-vote@lists ( 115) Re: debian services and responsibility
Mar 01 To debian-vote@lists (  47) Re: debian services and responsibility
Mar 03 To debian-vote@lists (  79) Re: Can SPI treasurer and DPL be done by the same person?
Mar 03 To debian-vote@lists ( 141) Re: Questions for the candidates
Mar 03 To debian-vote@lists ( 457) Branden Robinson's Platform for Debian Project Leader -- 2002
Mar 04 To debian-vote@lists ( 102) Re: Question restated
Mar 04 To debian-vote@lists (  44) Re: Question to Candidates
Mar 04 To debian-vote@lists ( 138) Re: Questions to Candidates
Mar 04 To debian-vote@lists (  64) Re: 3 questions
Mar 05 To debian-vote@lists (  71) Re: responsability, blah blah blah
Mar 05 To debian-vote@lists (  40) Re: 3 questions
Mar 05 To debian-vote@lists ( 190) Re: Question restated
Mar 06 To debian-vote@lists ( 143) Re: Questions for the candidates
Mar 06 To debian-vote@lists (  61) Re: Q to all 3: DPL appointed positions
Mar 08 To debian-vote@lists ( 592) diplomacy, courtesy, and all that good stuff
Mar 08 To debian-vote@lists (  51) Re: diplomacy, courtesy, and all that good stuff
Mar 08 To debian-vote@lists (  44) Re: diplomacy, courtesy, and all that good stuff
Mar 08 To debian-vote@lists (  39) Re: diplomacy, courtesy, and all that good stuff
Mar 09 Cc debian-vote@lists (  47) Re: Debate announcement and call for votes
Mar 09 To debian-vote@lists (  42) Re: Debate announcement and call for votes
Mar 11 To debian-vote@lists (  42) Re: diplomacy, courtesy, and all that good stuff
Mar 14 To debian-vote@lists (  51) Re: Rebuttals appended to candidate platforms
Mar 14 Cc debian-vote@lists ( 650) Re: Rebuttals appended to candidate platforms
Mar 15 To debian-vote@lists (  93) Re: questions: programming and leadership experience
Mar 15 To Debian Vote Discu (  75) Re: Q for candidates: the ALS issue
Mar 15 To debian-vote@lists (  52) Re: Debian GNU/Hurd and Debian GNU/*BSD
Mar 15 To Debian Vote       (  76) Re: Question regarding Raphael's platform
Mar 18 To debian-vote@lists (  64) Re: question for all: Content of packages
Mar 19 Cc debian-vote@lists (  51) Re: Debian GNU/Hurd and Debian GNU/*BSD
Mar 20 Cc debian-vote@lists (  63) Re: Debian GNU/Hurd and Debian GNU/*BSD

Is your selective disregard of empirical data something I can expect to reflect
in your work as a DPL delegate?  :)

> (Or, alternately, "just reply already, geez")

Your message was very long and challenging to answer with the kind of attention
I'd like to give it.  It's my intent to have it answered before the debate.

There are also two other alternatives:

1) You can break your flurry of questions down into a set of mails, each
centered around a given topic (admittedly, it's a bit late for that); or
2) We could use a metric for candidate assessment that doesn't include being
able to rise to arbitrary challenges leveled by arbitrary developers; this
isn't a weight-lifting contest.  Or if it is, I challenge my fellow
candidates to prove that P = NP, or formulate a comprehensive and
testable theory of quantum gravitation, and we can all acknowledge our
inadequacy.  :)

Nevertheless it's still my intent to reply.  I'm sorry if the response is not
as rapid as you'd like; I've had to prioritize several things more highly than
your message.  I hope you'll understand if I don't regard getting involved in
very long email discussions as the primary function of a Project Leader, though
it may be required in furtherance of some end more directly related to his or
her duties.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The errors of great men are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    venerable because they are more