Re: Dovecot correct ownership for logs

On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 10:12:03AM +0200, Richard wrote:
> So now that you don't know any further, you just start lying? Now that's
> rich.
>
> > I told you where to look, which is more than you deserve after how you
> behave.
>
> You didn't though.

Don't call me a liar, you are just too dumb to understand.

> > Configure the literal industry standard syslog or journald to use a facility
> to your liking and the problem should resolve itself.
> The point is, Dovecot has an option to write certain types of logs to
> different files. While it's doing that great, postfix is upset about that
> capability. It shouldn't even try to access these files. So the issue is
> not being able to log to files, that's already solved, but postfix running
> crazy when using a very simple setting.

No the point is, you are not setting a file path, you are configure dovecot
to directly write to these files.
And dovecot is not just one process, there are multiple running as
different users all trying t write into one file. Race conditions are
to be expected. Because these options exist does not mean it is  a good
decision to use them.
And because you clearly don't understand what you are doing, do as being told.
Configure syslog or rsyslog to use that file path.

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com