Re: How to run automatically a script as soon root login

On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 08:09:18AM +0200, Mario Marietto wrote:
> Nobody can show a different way,a modern way, for creating my script ? Why
> did I feel so comfortable by recreating the 1960s GOTO statement in Bash ?

I have absolutely no clue what you're trying to do or why you're trying
to do it, but I *promise* you, whatever you think you're doing, you
have NOT recreated a GOTO statement in bash.

You showed a function.  Functions can be called.  This is NOT the same
as issuing a GOTO command, because once the function returns, control
flow resumes from the point where it was called.

Bash (and sh, on which bash is based) explicitly chose not to have a GOTO
statement in its language.  The authors chose instead to use the control
primitives that are collectively known as "structured programming"
(if, while, for, functions).