Re: Adding package to Debian Distro

On 2024-05-09, kiruthikaanbusuresh <kiruthikaanbusuresh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Debian Team,
> There is a package by name rsct which is specific to IBM. I would like to
> know the process to get this added to the Debian Distro. Should I have
> to get sponsorship for getting it added to Debian ?

Seems IBM only provides a Ubuntu package.

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/rsct/3.2?topic=installation-verifying-linux-nodes

Whether that package would work on your current Debian installation is
anybody's guess (I am completely ignorant in these matters).

I don't think there is a process by which you could add closed-source
IBM software to a bona fide Debian depository, even the non-free one,
which only seems to contain firmware and drivers for closed-sourced
*hardware*.

I could be wrong, though.