Re: Installing testing on Acer Aspire 315

On Fri, 3 May 2024 at 06:27, Paul Scott <waterhorsemusic@aol.com> wrote:
> On 5/1/2024 10:44 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
> > Paul Scott (12024-05-01):

>>>I have many installs over many years (only a few per year)..

[...]

>>> I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions,

[...]

> In the mean time, an install seemed to be working but gave an failure
> error which said it would be in the log and visible on virtual terminal
> 4, I didn't know how to get to a virtual in the installer.  Various
> combinations with F4 didn't seem to work.

> Google didn't seem to help.

Hi, there is an official Debian Installation Guide containing a lot
of useful information.

> Can someone tell me how to get to a virtual terminal in the installer?

Due to the amount of detail in the Installation Guide, it can be hard to find
specific answers, so it's advisable to read the whole thing.

Your specific question is covered in a couple of places:

https://www.debian.org/releases/bookworm/amd64/ch06s01.en.html
(section 6.1 paragraph 10)

https://www.debian.org/releases/bookworm/amd64/ch06s03.en.html#di-miscellaneous
(section 6.3.9.2)

Also, this is a bad time to try to install the 'Testing' distribution.
It is currently undergoing major transition and might well contain
many broken/incompatible packages. See:

https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/64bit-time
https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-devel@lists.debian.org/msg380111.html
and ongoing messages in that thread and mailing list