Re: What's the simplest way to map (part 2)

On Mon 12 Jun 2023 at 09:02:51 (+0000), Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> then:
>
> $ sudo service keyboard-setup restart
> $ sudo udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=input --action=change
>
> but I can't see any changes.

I use, after editing:

# dpkg-reconfigure console-setup ; service console-setup restart
# dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration ; service keyboard-setup restart

and for reasons that might be cargo-cult, out-of-date, or whatever,
I do this while X is not running. This is straightforward if you
just login and then run startx (as I do), rather than running a
Display Manager, which starts X before you login.

If it still doesn't work, there are threads on debian-user from
people who regularly use language layout switching, so a search
from:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

might find you some help.

Cheers,