Re: gdm3 issue

On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 11:25 -0500, PaulNM wrote:
> > The "single" kernel cmdline option would never launch GDM.
> >

> I believe that was his point, and the reason for the smiley ;).
> Most would say preventing something from happening is a form of
> affecting it.

Correct, that's why I was thinking about GRUB2, when the OP mentioned
that an Ubuntu kernel was removed, before the issue appeared. I don't
know how the auto-thingy is set up, what options will be add and how
they affect or don't affect a Debian install. "single" for sure would
get a name such as "Single" or "Recovery" for the menu entry, but there
are or sure other options that could prevent GDM from running.