Re: nautilus -> spacefm

On Wednesday 11 December 2013 12:58 PM, Sharon Kimble wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 13:16:47 -0500
Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 12/10/2013 12:38 PM, Tixy wrote:
On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 16:25 +0000, Sharon Kimble wrote:
On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 15:03:33 +0000
Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@talktalk.net> wrote:

I'm trying to move over to spacefm from nautilus because it
automount
my usb drives and kindle, but I've hit a snag. I occasionally
need to mount a partition via shfs of my website on a remote
server, but I cant see how to do that in spacefm. Can anyone help
me please?

Answering my own question, neither pcmanfm nor spacefm could do
it, bu
thunar can. The first two also didn’t show hidden files [think
'.foobar'] but thunar can, so I'm moving over to thunar as it, so
far at least, does everything that I've asked of it.

Thunar can -
* automount usb drives,

pcmanfm can do that, in pcmanfm it's a tickbox under the 'Volume
Management' tab of the Preferences menu.

* mount sftp drives,

pcmanfm can do that, if you have gnome vfs packages installed
(gvfs-backends and gvfs-fuse I beleive).

* show hidden files,

pcmanfm do that, it's the 'Show Hidden' option in the 'view' menu,
and it will remember you're last preference for that setting.

And I would expect other file managers to also support these things.

	Have you checked out Nemo? It aims to be what Nautilus was...
http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=198

Thanks for this Dave. I had just installed 'nemo' when I installed
'cinnamon' to try out, but hadn't thought to try nemo, but now I have,
and so far it does the job!

Thanks again
Sharon.

Ah, found an article (on Ubuntu, but checked it on my Debian install and it works fine).
Using dconf-editor you can edit the automount behavior here:
org.gnome.desktop.media-handling

And here's the article with screenshots.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/89244/how-to-disable-automount-in-nautiluss-preferences

Sincerely,
Kailash