Re: who uses dual boot? [was: How to start using a free OS]

On 11/13/13, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 00:59 +0000, José Silva wrote:
>> I think there are ways of overcoming this, inserting the "key" in the
>> VM bios, but I doubt it's legal.
>
> Is it legal to have a monopoly and to force people to pay for an OS to
> survive? We are living and we need to survive!
..
> Piracy? No! I'm absolutely against using stolen software, but this is
> something completely different, it's self-defence.

If you do use some stolen software, may be return it to the owner when
you have finished using it. Personally, I don't mind burning another
DVD, but if I did not have a back up copy I would be annoyed and would
really appreciate if my DVD was returned.

Copyright infringement on the other hand ... that's a legal matter, as
well as (often) a moral matter.