Re: who uses dual boot? [was: How to start using a free OS]

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 00:59:02 +0000
José Silva <jsantossilva@hotmail.com> wrote:

> He probably has an OEM SLP license, married to a key in the
> original machine bios, which won't work in the VM because it
> obviously has a different bios that doesn't have the key.
> I think there are ways of overcoming this, inserting the
> "key" in the VM bios, but I doubt it's legal.

You got me, I don't eve n know which license I have (the story
is that I bought a NB with Vista bloat and a downgrade CD, which
I've used immediately), but anyway I'm sticking with this setup
since

*   I rarely really execute my Windoof scenario (and since some
    pretty addictive games are there I feel safer if it's little
    further than arm's reach :D)

*   and yes, there may be something fishy so it's not very
    attractive for me to fancy about.

However it's good to know that it's possible so big thanks
especially to Scott for your detailed steps, they might come
in handy.

aL.
--
Alois Mahdal