Re: Wanted: an internet free minimal Debian install

On Sat 09 Mar 2013 at 12:17:38 -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

[Snippety snip]

> What is intentionally not installed at this point is any network
> connectivity, any display manager or desktop environment, or just
> about any application software. What I've not decide is what shell
> or scripting framework should be installed by default.
>
> This outlines my preliminary thoughts.

I'll respond to what is in the subject line.

Install debian in expert mode. Choose not to configure the network. That
is one of your requirements. It is dead easy to achieve.

Untick all options when you are asked which type of system you want.
What you get is about as minimal as it gets with Debian. You can try to
purge what you think is undesirable once you have booted into the new
system. You might manage to get rid of aptitude and one or two other
packages but what you have is the ideal - a minimal Debian system.

You get to decide what shell or scripting framework you want *after* the
install. There is nothing you can do about that during the install. So
do not stipulate conditions which are impossible to fulfil.

All your aims are achievable. Grasp the bull by the horns (or whatever
you do in your part of the world) and get on with it.

Isn't Debian brilliant?