Wanted: an internet free minimal Debian install

Current standard practice optimizers AWAY from my goal.
My old 2 Mhz Z80 32 kByte system could do more than 90% of what I actually use my computer for. Instead Debian follows in the dainty footsteps of corporate behemoths such as Microsoft, Apple, and Canonical by loading everything {including a variety of kitchen sinks} into a base install.

There are some, who having finished reading this article, might ask "Why not use ...(DamnSmallLinux, Slackware, TinyCore, etc, etc.)?" Because I wish to conveniently cooperate with some specific people who use Debian based distros. Also I know all the software I might currently wish to use is already in Debian repositories. And I like apt and synaptic ;)

I have several specific environments in mind.

Presumed configuration
at least 486 class CPU (if I run into a 386 I'll treat as special case)
1 GB RAM
VGA display
Serial/PS2/USB mice depend ending on individual machine
CD drive - may not be bootable
keyboard
All target machines currently use Win95 or later.

What the typical user will have at install time.
Computer with keyboard, display, and no mouse. (explicitly no GUI mode installer) Installation iso on a CD or flash drive as desired. ( target iso size is ~100MB, smaller if possible) Debian repository on a mass storage device. (I currently use the 8 DVD set for my experiments)

              (am experimenting with copy on 64GB flash)
Collection of preseed.cfg files. (many of target audience not expert but desire flexibility)

The common functionality I see available after a base install
kernel, generic display driver, generic mouse driver, apt, apt-offline, ability to read multiple CD repository

What is intentionally not installed at this point is any network connectivity, any display manager or desktop environment, or just about any application software. What I've not decide is what shell or scripting framework should be installed by default.

This outlines my preliminary thoughts.