Re: Preseeding questions - primarily configuration related

Richard Owlett wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >>3. How  to configure individual programs? In particular:
> >>     a. gedit - font size
> >>     b. nautilus
> >>         1. Tree view in left panel
> >>         2. List view in main panel
> >
> >I don't think you can directly preseed something that isn't configured
> >via debconf.
>
> That's fine.
> >unless you want to do all the configuration in a script called
> >from your preseed file.
>
> No problem.

I suggest writing a script to be called during the late_command that
either does the configuration you want right then and there or plants
a second script to do the configuration after the initial system
reboot.

In order to write that script you will need to know what changes you
want to make to the system.  And then script those changes.  Preseed
that in as the late_command.

Bob