Re: Preseeding questions - primarily configuration related

On Vi, 28 dec 12, 10:18:28, Richard Owlett wrote:

> 1. In the apt setup phase I wish the option to scan all the DVDs as
> in the manual install. How?

Not sure this can work, since the scanning of all DVDs has to be
interactive.

> 2. How do I preseed system wide configuration values. My current
> problem is setting "system font" - size and font family.

Do you mean console font? Look for preseeding individual packages, in
this case console-setup.

> 3. How  to configure individual programs? In particular:
>     a. gedit - font size
>     b. nautilus
>         1. Tree view in left panel
>         2. List view in main panel

I don't think you can directly preseed something that isn't configured
via debconf. You probably need something like puppet for this, unless
you want to do all the configuration in a script called from your
preseed file.

> 4. Where would I have found detailed answers?

Most of the information is in the Installation Guide, but possibly not
as clear as it should be.

Kind regards,
Andrei