Preseeding questions - primarily configuration related

I am doing a series of experimental installs to a test machine for the purpose of deciding what will work best for my particular goals. Using preseed.cfg files allows me to keep a record of what did or didn't work. My work environment consists of: a laptop whose hard drive is intentionally wiped with each install.
   a USB flash drive for current/past *.cfg files.
   a set of DVDs as install medium.
   *NO* network connectivity of any sort.

QUESTIONS

1. In the apt setup phase I wish the option to scan all the DVDs as in the manual install. How? 2. How do I preseed system wide configuration values. My current problem is setting "system font" - size and font family.
3. How  to configure individual programs? In particular:
    a. gedit - font size
    b. nautilus
        1. Tree view in left panel
        2. List view in main panel
4. Where would I have found detailed answers?

TIA