Re: Freeze accounts

On 12/23/2012 03:47 PM, Beco wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/23/2012 03:26 PM, Beco wrote:
>>> Dear userix,
>>>
>>> I have a server with lots of students accounts, and some professors and admins.
>>>
>>> I wonder, what would be an easy way to freeze students access now,
>>> stopping them from logging via SSH, and reinstating them on February?
>>>
>>> They are part of a "group" if that helps.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Beco
>>
>> Wouldn't the 'DenyGroups' directive in sshd_config do it?
>>
>> Regards,
>> /Lars
>>

> Hi Lars,
>
> I think so. I'll give it a try, but can I add exceptions?
> There are 2 of them still in the need.
>
> Thanks!
> Beco.

Although it says that the allow/deny directives are processed in the
following order DenyUsers, AllowUsers, DenyGroups, and AllowGroups, it
does not say if the first match or last  match is what is applied.  I've
tried a little experimenting and not found a way to grant exceptions
through either AllowUsers or AllowGroups, but that might be just my
confusion.

Regards,
/Lars