Re: Display hurtful on LCD screen with Wheezy

On 09/26/2012 11:12 AM, Lionel Trésaugues wrote:
> All right.
>
> Some users have asked me to upload some screenshots. So, here they are !
> The ones I obtained using Ubuntu got "Ubuntu" in their filenames and
> the ones from Debian, "Debian" in their filenames.
> I tried to take screenshots as similar as they could be from the two
> different OS (using the same desktop environment (XFCE) and the same
> fonts settings (96dpi, default font= Sans, 10pt, LCD hinting, slight,
> enabled antialiasing).
> Screenshots have been taken with shutter, some using xmag as suggested
> (in that case, it is also mentioned in the filename).
>
> http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/Alkalyzer/Ubuntu_Xmag_Terminal_zps95bc0438.png
>
> http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/Alkalyzer/Debian_Xmag_terminal_zps4013e48d.png
>
> http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/Alkalyzer/Ubuntu_Xmag_LibreOffice_Writer_zpsa01ef21c.png
>
> http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/Alkalyzer/Debian_Xmag_LibreOfficeWriter_zpsb4fce188.png
>
> http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/Alkalyzer/Ubuntu_Xmag_Desktop_zps0e433819.png
>
> http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/Alkalyzer/Debian_Xmag_Desktop_zps0727d52b.png
>
> http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/Alkalyzer/Ubuntu_Terminal_zps83103ab7.png
>
> http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/Alkalyzer/Debian_Terminal_zps1867e859.png
>
> http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/Alkalyzer/Ubuntu_LibreOfficeWriter_zpsdb0f8467.png
>
> http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/Alkalyzer/Debian_LibreOffice_Writer_zpsbf2a133d.png

You do seem to be using different fonts, in the terminal (note the "g")
and possibly the UI elements (not sure, but the size at least is
different). The rendering seems very similar when magnified. Try using
the same fonts everywhere.

--
 U       X
e dUdX, e dX, cosine, secant, tangent, sine, 3.14159...

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br