Re: mail server

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 18:01:09 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:
>
>> actually i have spent 3 years working with Mailer daemon v7.0 so when
>> ever some one say a name "mail server" unintentionally mailer daemon
>> comes in my mind. this is my first time that i am implementing MTA on
>> linux.since i have just started to shift from Microsoft to Linux. there
>> is lot to learn.
>
> I first switched -time ago- from MDaemon (v3.2) when I installed a Linux
> system and had to select a good replacement for it.
>
> Hint: write down in a paper what's your current mail system data flow
> (user's mailboxes, incoming/outgoing messages, filter needings, anti-spam/
> malware needings, local/remote connections...), what are your current
> requirements and what are the tasks that MDaemon is doing right now. This
> will help you to get the "big picture" for a better understanding.

sorry i think i explain a bit wrong. i was using Mdeamon in my last
company my current company is fetching emails from mail server from
our service provider.

since we fetch the email via pop and sent via smtp the problem is i
need to make backup of individual PST. therefore i presented the idea
to management for IMAP. so i think my basic need are. POP emails from
hosted server. IMAP for local users, ldap for AddressBook/contents
update. spam filter and antivirus scan. and obviously Web access for
clients. and i dont know if SQL database is better then local mail
folders. because mdeamon use to store data in a folder. but i think
SQL is much more better then that.