Re: mail server

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 8:20 AM, J. B <bakshi12@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:58:39 +0800
> Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2012/7/25 Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com>:
>> > need suggestions, i know there are few populer mail servers like
>> > postfix, sandmail etc out there.
>> >
>> > here is some details about my office.
>> >
>> > 1. 20 users.
>> > 2. pop from main server
>> > 3. send via SMTP
>> > 4. local mail distribution IMAP
>> >
>> > i am not looking in to easy or hard mail server. what i am looking is
>> > it should be good for my carrier and  for my office too.
>> > secure, stable, web base console etc.
>> >
>> > btw, i have heard that there is a mailserver called zimbra. but i
>> > think debian is not natively supporting it.
>> >
>> > any help would be appreciable.
>> >

>> check iredmail. Easy to install.
>>

> zimbra mail server
> ispmail server

I wouldn't run zimbra unless you have pretty powerful hardware. I ran
zimbra on a p4 with 1.5gb of ram and was rebooting it weekly. The java
processes would deplete memory in that time.

I have since replaced it with a much lighter vm running postfix +
dovecot (imap/pop server) + roundcube (webmail).

--b