Re: Netinstall cannot find wireless access points

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 12:57:16 -0500, Tom H wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It's not an official announcement just because it's on someone's blog!
>>
>> And who said nothing about "official"? AFAIK, only Debian News is the
>> "official" source but there are other sites where to look to get the
>> latest developments.
>
> I think that I mentioned "official" in a previous email.

Ah, "you".

Okay, I thought you were referring to one of my posts.

>>> Yes. But we're talking of announcements here, not documentation.
>>
>> Well, Release Notes is "documentation" and that's where this should be
>> advertized, IMO. In fact, it is there but information is outdated.
>
> Release notes are definitely documentation (and there still isn't an
> alpha/beta version yet) but it isn't what I'd call an announcement.

Should the Release Notes are up-to-date there would have not need for any
announcement on the matter.

> I have found the following two d-i-related pages the second of which
> mentions WPA:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/ReleaseAnnounce
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/WheezyGoals

Yes, the "goal" is there but how about its current status? The "Complete"
section seems to be empty.

The last notice I had for the new feature was that someone started to
make some packages for it as mentioned in debian-boot:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2011/01/msg01044.html

But this was done in his "personal" tree, and thus not widely available.
Beyond that, I lose any track for this feature and given it was not
advertized in testing Relase Notes nor announced elsewhere, I thought
this was still "an ongoing work", that is, still not an option.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón