Re: Option 'printer-resolution' has value '(unknown IPP tag)' and cannot be edited.

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:55:08 +0800, lina wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been stuck by the printer-not-working for months.

Weird. I'm using wheezy and haven' had any problems with my printers :-)

> Tonight I reinstall the cups, and re-add printer,
>
> It's an internet printer, I tried the connection by IPP via DNS-SD
> LPD via DNS-SD
> and also the
> AppSocket/jetDirect network printer via DNS-SD.
>
> all showed me such error as:
> Option 'printer-resolution' has value '(unknown IPP tag)' and cannot be
> edited

Can you print?

> I checked bug report, it has report but seems I did not find the
> solution.

Bugs are bugs, they need to be corrected and/or be properly addressed:

You should add your findings to that report.

> The job status showed:

So you finally could add your printer despite the above message, right?

> pending since
> Thu Feb 2 00:36:06 2012
>
> # more lpr.log.1
> Jan  2 17:21:08 Debian udev-configure-printer: add /module/lp
> Jan  2 17:21:08 Debian udev-configure-printer: Failed to get parent
>

> cups version (1.5.0-13), do I need to update to 1.5.0-16? I am under
> wheezy, the desktop is sid which has 1.5.0-16 but still not work. The
> printer is functional.

(...)

If printer works it can be a cosmetic error.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón