Re: Debian with HP ProLiant DL120 G7

On Jul 8, 2011 8:14 PM, "Stan Hoeppner" <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> HP has many Proliant models with the "G7" suffix, and they all have
> different chipsets under the hood.  So this statement is totally
> unhelpful to the OP.
>
> Think "Civic EX", "Accord EX", etc.

Yes, that's why we weren't comparing g7's (generation 7), which is more along the lines of comparing model year cars. It seems that they started with g1 when HP got Compaq and have done a new generation about every year (I'm not a salesman so I'm probably wrong on this point, but wiki if you're really interested).

So, if someone compares a dl120g3 with a dl120g4 I might comment on using such an old box for a server but wouldn't expect the implied or written support to change much.