Re: Debian-6 booting on old host.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Andrei:

>It doesn't matter, just make sure you use the text mode, not graphical
>mode.

How to do that? From the menu of a DVD there is just an option - "rescue
mode" then it load in some graphical mode, though output is text only -
but that's another mode from the say, the one in which the menu is
shown.

I do continue the thread because just days ago I needed to load from
the rescue mode of DVD, to repair / FS and was not able to do anything
because of the distorted screen of the "text" mode of the screen that
the rescue option from the primary boot menu did switch to my screen.