Re: Two Sound Cards, I hope.

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 23:22:27 -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:

> I have a Dell Optiplex with the on-board sound chip set which works fine
> but I wanted to also use an AWE64 Gold as a second sound device. The
> AWE64 stole the show when I plugged it in to the mother board and the
> on-board sound device disappeared. If I try
> asoundconf list, it shows only the S16 device and nothing else.

(...)

Ensure that BIOS has not disabled the onboard audio chipset. If it's
enabled but it does not get recognized, maybe you can enforce a mode
different than "Auto" :-?

Also, recheck if the PCI slot used for the AWE64 is not shared nor tagged
as "special" to avoid any conflict, motherboards makers specify this in
the board's manual.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón