Re: Wheezy install - grub wont write to MBR with RAID and LVM

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 10:14:14 -0400, S Scharf wrote:

(...)

> 2) The Motherboard has Intel Raid support. If I enable the motherboard
> Raid, the installer does not see the raid disk. (for that matter neither
> does my systemrescuecd, but a Ubuntu 11.4 live boot can see it). What do
> I have to do to make this useable?

I would seriously reconsider that setup unless you really *really* need
it (that is, unless you have to dual boot with windows + RAID).

Linux software raid (md) is a more safe approach than using the BIOS
fakeraid facility (dm).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón