Re: Nvidia drivers from sid on squeeze

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> You better try with nvidia own drivers to avoid messing with
> dependencies.

Yes, I think I'll go that route.  Bit of a problem, though: the Nvidia
installer warns me that

"The compiler used to compile the kernel (gcc 4.3) does not exactly
 match the current compiler (gcc 4.4).  The Linux 2.6 kernel module
 loader rejects kernel modules built with a version of gcc that does not
 exactly match that of the compiler used to build the running kernel."

Why on Earth is the squeeze kernel image not built with the version
squeeze version of gcc? http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/gcc

Regards,
Aidan Gauland