Re: Accented chars in filenames issue

Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> writes:

> William Hopkins wrote:
>> You should be able to trust rm, at least. Just add -i if you're paranoid.
>
> And if you are more paranoid, fully path rm to ensure no alias is
> changing anything.

There are at least three things involved: rm, the shell and the user. If
the shell would do some unexpected extensions, I might get unexpected
results: that's the reason why the file name is defined in the program
and not handed over on the commandline. Both the shell and rm are
probably fine and work as they are supposed to. The user may easily
overlook something. It wasn't something I could have tried out in
advance very well, and writing the program took only a few
minutes. Better save than sorry ...