Re: Remove unused language from GDM?

On 05/04/2011 02:56 PM, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 04 May 2011 14:33:27 -0400, Perry Thompson wrote:
>
>> On 05/04/2011 08:08 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>>> Is the locale only present in GDM greeter or in the whole system? I
>>> mean, what does "locale -a" show?
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>

>> rypervenche@debian:~$ locale -a
>> en_US.utf8
>> POSIX
>> zh_TW.utf8
>
> That looks right. So it seems that is only GDM3 which exposes the
> "additional" locale :-?
>
>> This is the norm apparently. I checked it on all other computers and
>> friends' computers. So apparently the locale is there, but I just don't
>> want the ANSI choice there anymore.
>
> How about your "/etc/default/locale" and "~/.dmrc" files? Also, check if
> another user is affected by this.
>
> As a last resort, you can make a full search for that locale's name over
> all of the system files (just in case):
>
> grep -H "ANSI_X3" /*
>
> Greetings,

I tried it using a different user, same result.

rypervenche@debian:~$ cat /etc/default/locale
#  File generated by update-locale
#LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
rypervenche@debian:~$ cat .dmrc

[Desktop]
Language=en_US.utf8
Layout=us
Session=default

I have searched for the ANSI name in /etc and a few other folders, such
as /var and /usr, but doing the entire system was taking too long and I
was unable to do a complete search. I will try it again when I have a
large amount of time that I can set to the task.

Any other ideas?