Re: Remove unused language from GDM?

On Wed, 04 May 2011 14:33:27 -0400, Perry Thompson wrote:

> On 05/04/2011 08:08 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>> Is the locale only present in GDM greeter or in the whole system? I
>> mean, what does "locale -a" show?
>>
>> Greetings,
>>

> rypervenche@debian:~$ locale -a
> en_US.utf8
> POSIX
> zh_TW.utf8

That looks right. So it seems that is only GDM3 which exposes the
"additional" locale :-?

> This is the norm apparently. I checked it on all other computers and
> friends' computers. So apparently the locale is there, but I just don't
> want the ANSI choice there anymore.

How about your "/etc/default/locale" and "~/.dmrc" files? Also, check if
another user is affected by this.

As a last resort, you can make a full search for that locale's name over
all of the system files (just in case):

grep -H "ANSI_X3" /*

Greetings,

--