Re: AM3 socket Asus M4A87TD EVO motherboard work flawlessly in Debian?

>The gigabit ethernet might be an issue., not sure about that board , earlier
>versions had the RealTek 8111/8168. Not supported in Lenny, or Squeeze.

have a look at /etc/udev/rules.d/70*persistent-net* see if the network
adaptor for RealTek is properly described. That was the issue when I
started using this similar motherboard. It wasn't that the Realtek adaptor
wasn't supported for the sid kernel, the Debian net installer at the time
(Dec 2009) didn't have a problem connecting with this adaptor to complete the
installation but after the reboot, the adaptor was rendered useless by being
mislabeled in the above file.

If you have this problem, like I did, this is what you do: After a new
install, the machine doesn't connect to the network aka Internet, run:

lspci -n

anything listed with a '200' in it will be a network card.

here's an example:

02:00.0 0200: 10ec:8168 (rev 03)

edit the /etc/udev.. file (above) and see if that network adaptor is listed and
properly described, i.e. eth0 or eth1 etc. once I corrected this in the file,
the adaptor connected fine, and the onboard network adaptor is a Realtek.

-

Debian Invictus