Re: Re: Ugly VGA fonts with console-setup (Squeeze)

Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

|>  vga 1: even though it is deprecated, you can still use "vga=" in
|>  the "linux" line.
|>
|>  vga 2: if you would rather not use "vga=", you can set the
|>  resolution  with "set gfxmode="
|>
|>  font: you need to use "pf2" fonts and set them with "loadfont
|>  (hd0,X)/boot/grub/<font>.pf2"

Where though (in what configuration file, I mean)? And what is the
relevant syntax and (more importantly) where can one read about all of
this and learn about it?

The state of documentation for Grub2 is beyond lamentable. And that is
surely part of the reason why the transition to Grub2 has been one of
the most poorly managed of all of the transitions I've dealt with in my
14 (otherwise excellent) years with Debian,

Jim