Re: PPP / ADSL / demand / GUI prompt question

--- On Thu, 12/24/09, Kevin Ross <kevin@familyross.net> wrote:

> Try adding "maxfail 0" to your config file.

Thanks for this suggestion.  I have added the 'maxfail 0' line to my provider file but it does not seem to have solved the problem.  When I boot into Linux from cold, iceweasel cannot connect to the internet and 'ps' shows that pppd is not running.  But when I boot into Linux when the machine is already switched on, pppd manages to stay up and iceweasel can connect straight away.