Re: Ctrl key stuck? with every key press?

On 11/13/08, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/11/13 diane mittnik <dianemittnik@gmail.com>:
<snip>

>> tia for any help,
>>
>> Di.
>>

> Enable the Show Keyboard Status applet to ensure that you do not have
> Sticky Keys enabled, or that for some other reason Ctrl is being held.
> Note that pressing a modifier key 5 times in quick succession
> activates Sticky Keys.
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen

Thanks, I'll search for which applet this is and enable it.

The other thing I forgot to mention that may have triggered the
sticky/stuck CTRL key was that just prior to the problem coming up I
had performed an emergency sync (CTRL-ALT-SYSRQ-s) as I have a Toshiba
laptop with a faulty video card

(all Toshiba laptops that have a bios fix for a so called
"intermittent" screen freeze in all probability have this issue and
Toshiba is attempting to run out the warranty rather than recall the
laptops), and I frequently sync the disk among other mitigation
procedures to avoid losing data.

So I might have hit a wrong key after the sync, together with CTRL or
Alt and that may have triggered the sticky/stuck key.

But thanks for the advice.

Di.