Re: [OT] Good, evil and religion [WAS] Re: A way to compile 3rd party modules into deb system?

On 10 May, Joe Hart wrote:

> I really just wish that Christians would adhere to the lessons that
> they so firmly believe in.  But alas, we have a whole lot of people
> that seem to do well on Sunday and forget about the rest of the week.
>
> Is it a turn the other cheek world we live in or is the eye for an eye
> world?
>
> Joe

The two are not mutually exclusive.  The traditional interpretation of
the "eye for an eye" verse is that the punishment should fit the crime,
but not exceed it, i.e. "an eye for an eye", not two eyes or a life.
This was a somewhat radical concept at the time.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                      judd@wadsworth.org   |