Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Paul Johnson wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:

On 03/07/07 12:22, Paul Johnson wrote:
Steve Lamb wrote:

Paul Johnson wrote:
s. keeling wrote:
This is a ridiculous statement.  I've met a few who did.  All
Canadians, regardless of their position in the scheme of things have
two choices: accept what you're offered by those in control, or cross
the border and pay for it and get it, for a price.  Here, paying more
to get it is considered "two tiered healthcare", and "queue jumping."
At least Canadians have that option.  If you're American, whether or
not you can afford it, it's only available for a price.
*snicker*  So, Paul, tell me... what will happen to the Canadian's
choice if America goes socialized as well?  I mean you just said it's a
good thing they have a choice.  If we remove that choice then they would
be worse off, no?
That's a leap of logic.  More likely it will inspire Health Canada to
offer those services suddenly in demand.
Why should it.  What does it gain them?

Why shouldn't they?  How is "don't get that sick" a healthplan, outside of
some neoconservative crackpipe dream?

Ummm.... Just what is their incentive? A larger market share? Faster response to sick patients? The first is impossible as they already have 100% of the market, the second already a problem they are aren't responding to now.