Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On  8 Mar, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
>

>>> Why should it.  What does it gain them?
>>>

>> Why shouldn't they?  How is "don't get that sick" a healthplan,
>> outside of some neoconservative crackpipe dream?
>>

> Ummm.... Just what is their incentive?  A larger market share?  Faster

    Providing for the welfare of the citizens?  That is, after all,
a function of government.

> response to sick patients?  The first is impossible as they already
> have 100% of the market, the second already a problem they are aren't
> responding to now.

    I've heard that the Canadian government is trying to address the
delays in the system, which are, IIRC, mostly for elective procedures.
I have no idea how well they're succeeding.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                      judd@wadsworth.org   |