Re: E-mail Failing in weird ways

Mike McCarty wrote:
Dave Patterson wrote:
* Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net> [2006-06-26 09:05:42 -0500]:
Yeah, I shoulda mentioned that those had both been checked. I've sent
her an e-mail asking for what (if any) error messages she gets, but
I'm going to give her a phone call, as well.

She installed Thunderbird by means I know not, but it is version
1.0.6 (20050716). This version is able to pull mail via POP.
However, when she tries to do *anythin* related to sending mail
it completely craps out. It displays a splash for a moment (like
less than a second) indicating that an error occurred, and that
it is making a report to the Mozilla people, and then the who shebang
shuts down, including closing the window. Any attempt to reply,
create a new e-mail, forward, etc. results in this behavior.
Also, any attempt to *edit* the SMTP settings causes this behavior.

Have her create a new user, then log in as that user and configure Tbird for that user. See if the same problems occur for that user.

--
Kent